Late Breaking Abstract Submission closed on Monday, April 15, 2019; Midnight EST. Thank you for your submissions. You will receive notifications after the review process has been completed.
Abstract Submission Opened December, 2018
Abstract Submission Extended Deadline Monday, March 11, 2019; Midnight EST
Abstract Notifications Will Begin in April, 2019;
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION & GUIDELINES
Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting. Abstracts should report on results of truly original research. The proposal will be reviewed according to the scientific content and ethical considerations.
Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only. Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Abstracts may be submitted for E-Poster viewing or E-Poster short-oral presentation. Authors are asked to advise their preference; however, the decision of which abstracts to select for each type of presentation is the responsibility of the Scientific Committee.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
While you may submit as many abstracts as you wish, each person may only serve as the presenting author for a maximum of 3 abstracts. You will be notified if you have assigned a presenting author to an abstract who has already reached the maximum of 3 presentations, and you will be given the opportunity to assign one of the other co-authors of the abstract as the presenting author.
Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline; Wednesday, April 17, 2019, will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract submitter’s will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form. Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
Please note: selected abstracts will be published in the CHEST journal and official congress publications of the CHEST 2019 Regional Congress; Athens, Greece. By submitting your abstract, you are agreeing to its publication in this journal and any other congress related materials.
Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the CHEST 2019 Regional Congress website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Preferred Presentation type: E-Poster Viewing/Short-Oral E-Poster Presentation
2. Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables are included).
Graphs and images – A maximum of 1 image, graph or table can be included per abstract. Images do not count towards word count. During the submission process, tables created using the create table button will count each word in the table. Tables can be submitted as a jpeg to avoid this.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
5. Abstract topic – select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
Only metric system (SI) units should be used.
Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
The submission form does not allow you to store your abstract as a draft.
Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to save your abstract. A confirmation email will be sent to you when your abstract has been received. Please refer to your abstract by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract. Please contact the Secretariat, by clicking here, if you do not receive confirmation that your abstract has been received.
Abstract submission closed on 15 April 2019; Midnight EST. No changes can be made to your abstract after this deadline. You are welcome to upload an updated E-poster prior to the Congress.
All abstracts, including case reports, must be submitted with the following sections:
- Clinical implications
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract. You may find the list of applicable abstract topics here.
Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED BEFORE the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content”) to CHEST 2019 Regional Congress, Athens, Greece 27-29 June and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers”), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
4. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
6. I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
7. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
8. I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.